Veg Noodles Recipe
Veg noodles is a Indo-Chinese recipe. Everybody likes Chinese food these days. It’s rich in taste and healthy as it contains lots of vegetables. Here, I am presenting a quick-to-cook recipe with easy steps.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Chinese noodles : 200 gm
- Carrots : 2 medium sized stripped
- Cabbage: 1 cup stripped
- Capsicum: 1 medium sized stripped
- Onion: 1 large sized stripped
- Spring onions green: 1/4 cup chopped
- Garlic: 5-6 cloves finely chopped/grated
- Ginger- finely chopped or grated
- Soya sauce: 1/2 tb spoon
- Red chilli sauce: 1 tb spoon
- Tomato sauce: to taste
- Vinegar: few drops
- Oil : 1 tb spoon
- Black pepper
1. Take water in broad vessel to boil. Once it starts boiling, add raw noodles to it. Add few drops of oil to it to avoid sticking of noodles together. You can add salt while boiling (optional).
2. Boil noodles for 10 mins. Don’t overcook. Test it by pressing one noodle. It should be firm but not raw.
3. Turn off stove. Drain hot water immedietly and run in cold water. It will help noodles not sticking together. Keep drained noodles aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan/kadhai. Add chopped ginger and garlic to it and sauté for a minute.
5. Add onions and sauté for a minute on high flame.
6. Add carrots followed by cabbage and capsicum on sauté on high flame. Do not overcook the vegetables, to retain their crispness.
7. Add vinegar, soya sauce and red chilli sauce. You can also add tomato sauce at this stage according to your taste or add it while serving. Mix well.
8. Add boiled noodles and mix well. Add salt and pepper according to taste and mix.
9. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot.
Hope you enjoy!