Thin Poha Chiwda Recipe
Poha chiwda is very popular in India. It’s cook-anytime recipe and very popular diwali snack. Low in fat, crunchy, rich in taste… all these make this favourite to all. It’s also a very good welcome snack with tea for your guests. You can make this in good quantity and store for several days.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- thin poha: 500 gm
- dalia (bhuna chana or pappulu): 50 gm or ½ cup
- peanuts: 100 gm or 1 cup
- poppy seeds/khus-khus: 2 tspoon
- dried red chilli : 4-5 cut into half
- chopped green chilli : 4-5
- mustard seeds : 1 tspoon
- cumin seeds : 1 tspoon
- curry leaves : 12-15
- citric acid: ¼ tspoon
- salt to taste
- grinded sugar: 2 tspoon
- turmeric powder: ¼ tspoon
- red chilli powder: ½ tspoon
- cashew nuts: ½ cup
- raisins: ½ cup
- oil: 2 tbspoon
1. Roast poha in kadhai for 5-7 mins. You can check poha by crushing it. It should be crispy. You can also roast poha in microwave for 3 mins, stirring it in every one min.
2. Heat oil in kadhai. Add mustard and cumin seeds to crackle, followed by curry leaves, dried red chillies and chopped green chillies. Fry for few seconds. Green chillies should become crispy but should not burn.
3. Add peanuts, dalia followed by cashew nuts, raisins and poppy seeds. Fry for 1-2 mins on low till cashew nuts become pink.
4. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
5. Add roasted poha and mix well. Roast for 3-4 mins. Stir occasionally.
6. Turn stove off. Add ground sugar and salt. Mix well. Your crispy and yummy poha chiwda is ready. Spread it on paper, so that it will soak extra oil if any. Let it cool and store in air tight container.
Hope you enjoy!