Spring Onion & Peas Sabzi – Everyday cooking
What to cook today? This is a very big question which we daily face. As it is difficult to cook complex, time taking dishes everyday, we look for some simple quick to cook, healthy, lunch box friendly recipes for our day to day life.
This spring-onion & peas combination sabzi is one of my favourite everyday cooking recipe. This is healthy and perfect for lunch boxes. Pair it with your favourite dal or raita & salad to make a complete meal.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Yields: 2 servings
- spring onion: 1 bunch, washed and chopped
- peas: 1 cup
- green chilli: 2 medium sized, chopped fine
- oil/ghee: 3 tbsp
- cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder: 3/4 tsp
- turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- coriander powder: 1 1/2 tsp
- salt: 1 tsp or according to taste
- Put pan/kadhai on a medium flame and add oil in it.
- As oil becomes hot, add mustard seeds followed by cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds crackle, add green chillies. Toss for few seconds.
- Add spring onions followed by peas and toss a little. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices – red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix everything and let it cook for 8-10 minutes. Once the sabzi is cooked well and nice aroma appears, turn off the flame.