Palak Paneer recipe | North Indian Cuisine
Palak paneer is popular north Indian cuisine prepared with paneer or cottage cheese cooked well in blanched spinach. This is a quick to cook, healthy and rich recipe which can be prepared as your routine lunch/dinner, lunch box or to serve to your guests. Palak paneer can be served with chapati/paratha/naan or rice.
Preparation time: 15min
Cooking time: 10 min
- spinach: 1 large bunch
- paneer: half cup cut into cubes
- tomato: 2 medium size chopped fine
- onion: 1 large size chopped fine
- garlic: 7-8 cloves
- green chilli: 2-3 medium size
- bay leaves: 1 or 2
- whole red chilli: 1
- cumin seeds: 1 tspoon
- turmeric powder: 1/2 tspoon
- red chilli powder: 3/4 tspoon
- garam masala: 1/2 tspoon
- salt: to taste
- cooking oil: 2-3 tbspoon
- sugar: 1 tspoon (optional)
- cream: for garnishing
- Remove spinach leaves from stems and rinse in fresh water.
- Boil water and blanch the spinach leaves in it for 2-3 mins. Add some salt while boiling.
- Turn off flame and drain the water. Rinse the spinach immediately in cold water. This will help retain the green colour of the spinach. Blend the boiled spinach, green chillies, ginger and garlic together to form puree. Keep this puree aside.
- Put kadhai/pan on flame and add oil to it. Once oil gets hot, add whole red chilli breaking into half (optional), bay leaves and cumin seeds to crackle.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes become soft and tender.
- Add the spinach puree and mix well.
- Add the spices: turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and garam masala and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add the paneer or cottage cheese cubes to it and cook for few more minutes. Add sugar at this stage if you want. This will enhance the colour of your curry.
- Palak paneer curry is ready. Get the curry in serving bowl and garnish with some fresh cream.
Try out this recipe and share your feedbacks with me. Have fun!