Nankhatai recipe | Chai time snack..
Here is a quick and easy recipe for yummy, melt in mouth nankhatai.
Preparation time: 10 min
Baking time: 15 min
Yields: 20 – 25 pieces.
all purpose flour/maida: 1 cup
semolina/suji: 1/2 cup
chickpea flour/besan: 1/2 cup
grinded sugar: 1 cup
ghee/butter: solid 1 cup
baking powder/soda: 1/2 tspoon
cardamom powder : a pinch (optional)
- Cream the grinded sugar and ghee/butter with hand or with the help of beater. If you want to add cardamom powder, add it at this stage.
- Once the sugar blends well and you get cake icing like texture, add all purpose flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Add semolina, chickpea flour and mix them consistently to form soft dough.
- Make 20-25 small gulab jamun sized balls with this dough. With help of knife or spoon make a cross like shape on balls with slight pressure.
- Pre heat your traditional gas tandoor oven on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Slow down flame. Place dough balls on oven tray and let them bake for 15 mins on low flame. You can check once in between. Nankhatai are baked only from one side. Your yummy nankhatai are ready.
Serve them with tea or have them alone.. They taste awesome!
Try out the recipe and share your feedback here… Enjoy!