Jeera Rice – Restaurant style perfect Jeera Rice recipe
Jeera rice is a popular rice dish in India. The cooked basmati rice with spices sizzled in ghee has an amazing aroma. You can make jeera rice on special occasions or parties. It’s easy and quick to cook, filling and rich to look. Jeera rice is best served with dal tadka or dal fry, but it can be paired with any of your favourite dal or curry based sabji.
Follow this step by step recipe to make perfect jeera rice and share feedback with me!
Soaking time time: 1/2 to 1 hour
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- basmati rice: 1 cup
- cumin seeds(jeera): 1 heaped tsp
- cloves(laung): 2-3
- black pepper corn(sabut kaali mirch): 6-7
- green cardamom(chhoti elaichi): 3-4
- bayleaf(tej pan/tej patta): 1
- cinnamon(dalchini): 1 inch piece
- ghee: 2 tbsp
- salt: to taste
- water: 2 cups
- Clean the rice and wash 2-3 times, until clear with starch.
- Soak washed rice in water for half to one hour.
- Drain the rice and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in pan or rice cooker on low flame.
- Add cumin seeds and all the whole spices. Sauté until spices crackle. Don’t overcook else spices might burn.
- Add the drained rice. Sauté for 1 to 2 min so that rice gets evenly coated with spiced ghee.
- Add salt and 2 cups of water.
- Cover with lid and cook till rice gets cooked. Check in between as you don’t want to over cook them.
- Once done, you will see all water soaked up with rice and the spices are spread evenly.
- Fluff the rice and take out portions in serving plate.
Enjoy the hot aromatic jeera rice with your favourite dal or curry and share feedback with me!