Dahi Tadka – No effort, Tempered Dahi Recipe
Dahi – Yogurt/Curd is very healthy and one should intake curd as a part of their daily meal. Hence we seek different ways or flavours we can consume curd. Different raitas, spiced dahi etc give different flavours of dahi keeping its nutrients intact.
Dahi tadka is simple, quick to cook recipe in which tempering is added on top of whisked curd. It’s good to have recipes in summer as dahi helps in keeping cool. The tempering can be prepared in various ways and may contain different ingredients depending on one’s interest. Here I am sharing the basic tempered dahi recipe with minimum of spices added. One can experiment with adding chopped green chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida, garlic or cilantro based on their choice of ingredients.
Dahi tadka can be enjoyed as side dish with any Indian meal – lunch or dinner. It’s a great substitute for raitas. And who wouldn’t enjoy some different flavour of dahi once in a while. You can pair dahi tadka with parathas, methi thepla or your choice of rice/biryani.
Enjoy this instant recipe to prepare dahi tadka and share feedback with me!
Preparation time: 2 min
Cooking time: 2 min
Yields: 1 cup tempered dahi
- yogurt/curd(dahi): 1 cup
- ghee: 1 tsp
- cumin seeds: 1/4 tsp
- mustard seeds: 1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
- salt: to taste
- Take yogurt/curd in serving bowl. If curd is not smooth, whisk it until no lumps remain. If required, add water to get the desired thickness of dahi. It should be a bit thick then raita.
- Heat ghee in heavy bottom spoon or tadka pan on low flame. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Wait till cumin seeds crackle.
- Turn off the flame and add red chilli powder immediately. Tadka for dahi is ready.
- Instantly pour the tadka in the whisked dahi. Do not wait long to pour tadka otherwise red chilli powder might get burnt and become dark.
- Add couple of pinches of salt and mix gently.
Enjoy dahi tadka with phulkas, parathas, rice or pulao and share feedback with me!