Soup of Broccoli & Asparagus – A Healthy Diet
I am crazy for soups! Soups are nutritious, filling and full of flavours. I learnt the recipe of Broccoli & Asparagus soup few years back in UK.
I did some customisations according to our taste and now this has become the favourite soup of my husband and me.
The cheesy flavour of broccoli and asparagus is simply mouth licking. Pair it with bread sticks or bread crumbs and enjoy this wonderful recipe.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15-20 min
Yields: 2 servings
- broccoli florets: 2 cups, washed and chopped
- asparagus: 1/2 bunch(8-10 sticks), washed and chopped
- olive oil: 2 tbsp
- onion: 1 medium sized, julienned
- garlic cloves: 2-3, roughly chopped
- black pepper powder: according to taste
- salt: according to taste
- parmesan cheese (can be substituted with cream)
- Add olive in pan and fry garlic cloves on medium flame.
- Add onion and sauté for few minutes.
- Add chopped asparagus and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and couple of pinches of salt. Mix everything, cover with lid and cook for 5-8 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Transfer everything in blender, add half cup water and blend it smooth.
- Transfer the paste again in the pan. Adjust the thickness of soup by adding water/milk. Do not add too much of water as this soup tastes better if adequately thick. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- The yummy soup is ready! Take out a portion into serving bowl. Adjust salt and pepper and sprinkle it with parmesan cheese.
Pair this soup with bread sticks or bread crumbs and serve hot. Enjoy and share feedback with me!