Aloo Paratha: North Indian Recipe
It’s a north indian recipe but people all over the country have their own flavour of aloo parathas. Some people prefer fried onion-potato mixture while other only with spicy potatoes. The spices added also depend on what taste you prefer.
Here, I am sharing customised north Indian aloo paratha recipe. Enjoy these delicious Aloo paratha with pickle/chutney and curd. For me aloo paratha and a cup of tea works like a charm! 🙂
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yields: 8 paratha
- wheat flour: 2 cups, for dough
- potato: 3 medium size, boiled
- green chilli: 2 medium size chopped fine
- coriander leaves: chopped fine
- red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- garam masala: 1/2 tsp
- fennel seeds powder: 1/2 tsp
- sugar: 1/2 tsp (optional)
- asafoetida: a pinch
- oil: to fry parathas
- salt: to taste
- butter: to serve
- Make soft dough for parathas by adding little salt and water to the wheat flour. Keep it aside
- Mash the boiled potato in a container or deep plate.
- Add chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and spices(asafoetida, red chilli powder, garam masala, funnel seeds powder, salt and sugar).
- Mix everything well and bind together. This is our stuffing for parathas.
- Divide the spicy potato mixture into 8 equal balls.
- Make a dough ball of almost equal size as of the stuffing ball to roll paratha. Dust some dry flour and flatten it a to almost half the size of the intended paratha.
- Place one stuffing ball on the flattened paratha.
- Gather all the sides of the paratha to form potli. Carefully takeout any extra dough from the top.
- Pack the sides to form a stuffed ball ready to roll paratha.
- Dust some dry flour and roll the stuffed ball with a rolling pin gently to make parathas. Do not put too much pressure, as it might break the outer layer and stuffing might come out.
- Place the paratha on hot tava/flat pan on medium flame. Flip the side when it’s cooked 1/4th. Apply oil/ghee.
- Flip on the other side and again apply ghee/oil. Flip the sides to make sure, paratha is cooked evenly.
Enjoy these delicious paratha recipe and share feedback with me!